THIS BLOG HAS MOVED


This blog has moved to a new location.


You can now read it on BKWine Magazine.


Please change your bookmarks and RSS feeds accordingly.


And do subscribe to our free wine newsletter, the BKWine Brief!


All info on our wine and food tours are now on BKWineTours.com.


Growing Gruner - part 4: Still not a sign of life...

>> Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Still not a sign of life on my cuttings from gruner veltliner that I got at the European Wine Bloggers Conference in Vienna last October.

Here is how they look now:



and


In contrast, here's how another vine looks - from a cabernet franc (or merlot?) from our balcony. I put this one in water just a little bit before the GV!

Shall I give up? Or give it another week or two?

6 comments:

Constance C April 07, 2011 10:01 PM  

Don't give up!
Go Gruener vine! You can do it! :)

Per and Britt, BKWine April 08, 2011 12:22 AM  

Thanks Constance! I'll transmit to my geevee your cheer. Perhaps the problem is that I don't speak German well enough so he (she?) doesn't understand me??

Mariëlla April 09, 2011 8:57 AM  

Hmm, sad to be a bit pessimistic. I think you'd better arrange some mission into Austria again, for a new one. Or pull some strings, lots of people travelling around ;-)

Per and Britt, BKWine April 09, 2011 10:48 PM  

Yes, doesn't look good! It's pruning season (or perhaps a bit too late?), so there should be plenty of shoots available!

Anders,  April 14, 2011 10:07 AM  

I'm sorry to say that I agree with Mariëlla. What normally happens when I put cuttings in water is that the buds start to grow before any roots are developed and since your buds seem pretty uninteresting in even swelling, I fear that there is not much life left in your cuttings. Sorry. Still, I'd keep them in water for some weeks more, one never knows...

Per and Britt, BKWine April 14, 2011 11:59 PM  

Travelling in Italian vineyards at the moment and there things are growing like crazy! I give my geevees a few more days to show some sign of life. Othewise I will just have to hope for some Austrian friend to send a new one...

Post a Comment

The blog has moved. Here is the new location: BKWine Magazine Blog.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP