THIS BLOG HAS MOVED


This blog has moved to a new location.


You can now read it on BKWine Magazine.


Please change your bookmarks and RSS feeds accordingly.


And do subscribe to our free wine newsletter, the BKWine Brief!


All info on our wine and food tours are now on BKWineTours.com.


Growing Gruner - part 3: I'm getting worried.

>> Monday, March 28, 2011

Continuing the story of growing a gruner veltliner vine from cuttings that I received at the European Wine Bloggers Conference in Vienna.

I am starting to get a bit worried. Weather has been nice. We have not had any hail on the kitchen window sill (where the vine is standing).

But is it growing?

Will my new vine fail?

It seems noting is happening. It is now two and a half week since I put the cuttings in water. Not a sign of a root, not a sign of life. I hope I am just a bit too impatient. I will wait for some time more. Here's how it looks currently.


In contrast, here's how a cutting looks that I took from one of the old vines we have on the balcony, admittedly a little longer ago, when we were doing winter pruning:
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The blog has moved. Here is the new location: BKWine Magazine Blog.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP